Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Follow the Dog Home




I just finished reading Follow the dog Home by Bob, Samantha and Kevin Walsh.  Three generations of dog lovers and their stories that go with having dogs as part of their families.  At first I thought I was going to have a tough time getting through it.  Not because I didn't like the book, but getting through the losses they share through years of having dogs.  It is inevitable that there will be loss when you have any pet, but really who wants to talk about it!  Talk about it they did and it turns out I didn't mind shedding some tears for every one of their special family dogs after reading about the great life they lead with one the Walsh families.  You have to have loved to feel loss right?  And love they did.

The thing is, all their recollections, Bob, Kevin and Samantha's struck a cord with me.  Right from the grandfather's to the granddaughter's and if you're a dog lover it will with you too.  Listening to Bob's stories from years ago and how different and simpler things were ( like just letting your dog outside to wander the neighborhood and let them back in when they come home)  was like taking a step back in time.  I remember just letting our dog out and when he'd bark, just let him back in.

It shows how families come together through the love and loss of a dog.  They tell it all right from puppies and problems that can come with choosing and raising a pup right to the senior years. This is just an all round inspiring book that is so well written as it is told from the heart of not one Walsh family member but three.  So if you love dogs as much as I do I think you should join the Walsh's;  Bob (grandfather) Samantha (Bob's granddaughter) and Kevin (Bob's son) on their journey through their family dog tree.  You won't be disappointed watching them Follow the Dog Home!

I was not compensated for this post.  I was given a book to read.  The opions formed are my own.

24 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good book. I have so many books im reading already on htnl and css, wordpres that dog books have been pushed aside. This does look good so I will pass it on to my friend who is a dog lover and reads alot of books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to read more dog books. Since getting my kindle fire Ive been reading a lot, even more then usual, but not too many dog related reads

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tip! Mummy2Legs was just saying she ought to sit down, with a nice cup of tea and a good book, it has been too long! Love Barnie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds sad but good! Will have to see if itr is on Kindle yet.
    Miss Mindy and Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review Bassetmomma! Have a good day!
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  6. .,wow sounds that this is a great reading book about dog...I'll mom to look for that...lol

    Dog Fence
    Pet Solutions.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love learning about inspiring books, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds good. Maybe MOM can get it and read it to me at night. I like it when she does that. Except when she is reading her text books. Those will put you to sleep. Although I have seen MOM shed a tear or two while reading some of them. But that might not have anything to do with a moving story.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll have to check this one out, thanks for sharing. Have you ever read A Dog's Purpose?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another book for me to check out soon! Hope I can find time to read those books that I'm still sitting on. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sounds like a very touching book! I will have to start adding more dog books to my "to read" list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. We will have to look at this book but our mom says she will cry and cry.

    Your friends,

    Murphy & Stanley

    ReplyDelete
  13. That looks like a very good read, I love dog books!
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sounds like a good story -- I'll tell my mommy about it.

    I've missed you two!! Hope you have been well. :) :)

    Woofs & huggies! <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. SHE'll have to look that one up.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a wonderful book. Thanks for the great review.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the great suggestion for a book that it sounds like I'll love!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a terrific read!! Thanks for the review!
    xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the recomendation of a good book to read!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds like a good book! You always write such great book reviews! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you for sharing this wonderful review with us!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! Wanted to let you know that I mentioned you in a post! You and Snoopy were the first two blogs that started commenting on my posts on a regular basis and I just wanted to say thank you!

    Check the post out here: http://dogsnpawz.com/featured-on-pet-blogs-united.html

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I will look for it in my local bookstore. I am fortunate enough to have enough land that I can still let the dogs out to run and back in when they bark. I often wondered if city dogs were happier because they had to be walked on a leash and had one on one time with their person.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...