Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

The 10 Commandments From A Pet's Point Of View

I came across these 10 commandments on Minnie and Mack's Daily Digest by Stan Rawlison and just had to pass it along!



The 10 Commandments From a Pet's Point of View

My life is likely to last 10-15 years; any separation from you will be painful for me. Remember that before you buy me.

Give me time to understand what you want from me; don't be impatient, short-tempered, or irritable.

Place your trust in me and I will always trust you back. Respect is earned not given as an inalienable right.

Don't be angry with me for long and don't lock me up as punishment; I am not capable of understanding why. I only know I have been rejected. You have your work, entertainment, and friends, but I only have you. 

Talk to me sometimes. Even if I don't understand your words, I do understand your voice and your tone. You only have to look at my tail. 

Be aware that however you treat me, I'll never forget it, and if it's cruel, it may affect me forever.

Please don't hit me. I can't hit back, but I can bite and scratch, and I really don't ever want to do that. 

Before you scold me for being uncooperative, obstinate, or lazy, ask yourself if something might be bothering me. Perhaps I'm not getting the right foods or I've been out in the sun too long, or my heart is getting old and weak. It may be I am just dog-tired.

Take care of me when I get old. You too will grow old and may also need love, care, comfort, and attention.

Go with me on difficult journeys. Never say, "I can't bear to watch" or "Let it happen in my absence". Everything is easier for me if you are there. Remember, regardless of what you do, I will always love you.

© Stan Rawlinson 1993

32 comments:

  1. I love these 10 commandments for our four legged friends, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great. Sometimes we can forget how important we are to them too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing - they are so true. The last one made my mum cry though. It's only been a few months since our Kaska crossed the Rainbow Bridge and she misses him very much - woofs and licks from Magic xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful rules to live by for all pet owners!! I've seen this one before and always enjoy reading it. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are perfect and TRUE. Thank you for sharing it. And hey Fred I have that same duck, except mine is missing a beak and one wing.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  6. My Vickie has gone on # 10 three times this week with My Sweet Jamie but she keeps saying "No, I am not ready yet"
    The 10 commandments are such a beautiful way for a dog and their human to live.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How true, and not only for dogs. This applies to cats as well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent, thank you for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, well said! Also, my mom LOVES that photo. You have nice teeth too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very true and I love the pic

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely words and oh so true! :)

    Slobbers

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think that every person who gets a dog (or a cat) should be given a copy of this, and it should be enforced with a big fine if not!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We've made HER memorize that. It's great.

    Love the expression on that duck!

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  14. I especially like that last one.
    Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent post!

    Nubbin wiggles,
    Oskar

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are the best! Words to live by
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Y'all,

    Hoppin' by to say "hello" and see how y'all are doing. My Human is cryin'

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Y'all come by now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  18. oh, yes ive seen this before-first time i read it, it made me cry!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Perfect, perfect!!! so, so true!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  20. So very true and beautiful! I love all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brillo paws!

    Have a great weekend
    Big Nose Pokes
    The Thugletsx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, these are so perfect! I wish every pooch a happy pack with peeps who understand these.
    Grr and Woof,
    Sarge, COP

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have seen this before but love it just the same!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've seen these words before and have shown them to my mommy (a few times! haha). That duckie looks familiar -- I used to have one of those! :)

    Woofs & huggies, <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so beautiful and true it makes me cry. Always to be remembered.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very nice post. But opps, well I guess we broke #1 since we sent Storm off to the trainer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This is wonderful! We love the photo too.
    Bella and DiDi

    ReplyDelete
  28. Those are wonderful rules to live by with our pups. They are so true. Thanks for a heartfelt and heart-warming post.

    ReplyDelete
  29. well said and thank you for sharing. This should be in every pet owner's heart.
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...