Pages

Friday, March 23, 2012

Blogging Award

Back at the beginning of March, I received the Kreativ Blogger Award from Julie at The Daily Dog Blog.  As usual I am behind in awards again. (my bad!)  Time just seems to go by so fast.  Then I get sidetracked and the next thing you know a month or so has gone by!   It's not that I'm not totally honored by each and every award I get it's just well......I'm menopausal.  Yes, I said it again!  Why not, if an excuse is working for you why change it!



According to the rules, I am supposed to share 10 things about myself that you may not know and then pass it along to 6 other bloggers, so......here we go!  Since I have done this about the bassets before, this one I will do about me.

1.  I was an army brat growing up.  Emphasis on the "brat" part.

2.  I hate bugs, especially spiders.  I have been known to scream at the top of my lungs while running at and squishing a tiny spider, ninja style.

3.  I love food.  Especially butter and pasta, not necessarily in that order.

4.  I am allergic to shellfish.  But I do wear gloves and make it for my family.  Barbecued shrimp is one of my specialties.  So after I make it I just sit back and enjoy the lovely aroma!

5.  I love popcorn with, you guessed it real butter!!

6.  I love the snow.   Which is why I was so disappointed with this past winter. :(

7.  My husband and I do everything together.  We have been best friends since we met 30 years ago.

8.  I spoil my dogs rotten!  (bet ya didn't guess that one! haha!)

9.  I  was born in Germany, in a British hospital on Canadian soil. (figure that one out)  So I am a Canadian born abroad. I always found that saying kind of funny after all I am a "broad".

10.  I always thought I was adopted growing up because out of six kids, I was the only one born in Germany.

 So now to pass this award on to six bloggers.  It's hard but I am going to try and pass it on to ones that may not have this award.

Charlene and Storm

Critter Alley

CowSpotDogs

Sheltie Times

Paws Helping Paws

Pixel Blue Eyes

Thanks again to Julie over at The Daily Dog Blog I really am honored.  I still have one more award to get to. The Pawsome Blogger Award I received form Bringing Up Bella.  I will do this one at a later time. :)

40 comments:

  1. Congrats on the award!! You're still a brat just so you know :P But then again, so am I...and so is Emma X3!! LOL. I love yours and dad's relationship...so lovey dovey even after 30 years!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny you should mention the adopted thing, because I was the 7th of 8 it gave me security I wasn't adopted. Congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would not have guessed the "spoil your dog" part. hummm go figure. Does Fred agree with that?
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these posts...always interesting. How could you not spoil Fred & Gloria. You have to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brat with bratty dogs. LOL.

    Nice! I love pasta and butter! Although you wouldn't catch me eating plain butter, I add it in most of my cooking escapades.

    I have shellfish and shrimp allergies as well. I overcame it by exposing myself bit by bit to it.

    Happy weekend.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the award and congrats to you!! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on a well-deserved award!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You wear gloves and prepare shellfish for your family - now that's dedication!

    Congrats on your award!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your award! It is well-deserved. We all love reading about your life with Fred & Gloria - woofs and licks from Magic xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Friday woofs & hugs! <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. You and my mum is da same...her hates bugs too. Her found 3 ants yesterday and now her says we has an "infestation"...really?

    And I would has nevers guessed you would has spoiled da doggies. They has trained you withs proficiency! hehehehe.

    Puddles
    PS: likes your menopausal excuse.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on your award! Definitely deserved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. COOL! Nice to get to know you better also!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are creative and very supportive. I, too, love pasta, butter, popcorn and lobster; oh, and chocolate :). Nah, your dogs aren't spoiled one bit - NOT :). Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! I love learning more about my friends! Buttered popcorn....YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YAH! Congratulations on your nice award!! I love buttered popcorn too...hmmmm, maybe I will make some tonight! I am also allergic to lobster and steamers..my favorite!
    xxoo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your cool award
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on the award. I too am a butter lover LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations on your Award....

    Love learning those thingys about You.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congratulations, you creative blogger, you! And thanks so much for including us on your award list! Now if I can only think of 10 things I haven't already blabbed about myself!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on your award. Interesting 6 things. A broad, huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. So glad to know I'm not the only one who gets behind on this stuff. They're not easy questions to answer because you have to make decisions to do so!

    ReplyDelete
  23. congrats. Now we know the rest of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  24. We are so glad to know more about you. Mostly we learned more about your sense of humor. So your Candian/German/Canadiam.....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Congrats on your award!

    Happy weekend woofs & hugs! <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    BTW... be sure to stop by my bloggie tomorrow. Teehee!

    ReplyDelete
  26. That's so interesting! I love food too and I love cooking so I always visit your recipe blog. Sorry that I didn't leave any comments but I love your wonderful + yummy recipes.

    Congrats on your well-deserved award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yay - big congrats on your award!!

    Also, big congrats on spending 30 years hanging out with your best friend - my Mum and Dad are best friends too :)

    Hey, Freddie said he might just manage a little more spoiling if he had too!! Tee Hee

    Have a fun weekend,

    Your pal Snoopy :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congratulations on your award!!! That's terrific that you have spent the last 30 years with your bestfriend!! xoxo Chloe and LadyBug

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for stopping by with a warm welcome. My brother Stanley and I look forward to getting to know everyone. Right now EVERYTHING and EVERYONE is new to us. Life is grand!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yay, yay, it's SATURDAY! ;)

    Woofs & hugs, <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, interesting. I like popcorn with butter too. MMMmmmmmmm....... As for the snow, you still got way more than me. I didn't get ANY! *pouts*

    ReplyDelete
  32. Congratulations on your award!! I'm with you on the popcorn with REAL butter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  33. Howdy Everybuddy, congratulations on the award. We love learning about the peeps too. Our mum and dad are still best friends after 37 years. Mum doesn't mind spiders, loves butter (especially on toast and with scones) and we must admit is menopausal (yikes!). Hope your weekend was fine. Hello to Fred and Gloria. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory. P.S. We dont know why but your posts won't pop up on our blog, grrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Lovely to hear more about you. My husband and I are best friends too and do everything together. I hope you and your husband have many many more happy years together (surrounded by dogs of course)

    Urban Hounds

    ReplyDelete
  35. Congratulations on your award. It was fun learning more about you. Sorry we haven't been around for awhile. My person is way behind on reading blogs and says she has to finish catching up with things before she can get back to reading regularly again.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Congratulations on your award. Always interesting to learn more about hoomans and their animals.

    Have a great week
    Big Nose Pokes
    The Thugletsx

    ReplyDelete
  37. I loved every single response you gave! Those were so great and fun. And you are very selfless & giving to do what you do for your family. I love hearing things like that. Mommy & I think you are one awesome person! Congratulations and thank you so much all at the same time my friend. ((Hugs))
    ~Pixel

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi sweet Janet! I just wanted to tell you that Mommy and I have NOT forgotten about this wonderful award. Now that Mommy is feeling a bit better from her surgery, we will be attending to sharing this award and fulfilling the wonderful obligation. I hope you had a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs & Puppy Kisses ~ Pixel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...