Pages

Thursday, January 27, 2011

SunButter

My new best friend.

I got some SunButter to try since my granddaughter has a peanut allergy(check out my daughters blog at yeewittlethings.blogspot.com )and we no longer keep any peanut products in our house. So yesterday I tried making some "SunButter Cups" instead of peanut butter cups. I didn't know what to expect when I first tried the SunButter, but holy cow! It smells like peanut butter, looks like peanut butter and even tastes like peanut butter with a hint of roasted sunflower seeds. This stuff is amazing! How wonderful for people with peanut allergies! It was great on toast and very easy to use in the SunButter cups I made which turned out FANTASTIC! I just love it when I find a great product like this. I don't know why it isn't eaten by more people even if you don't have a peanut allergy and especially if you love sunflower seeds like me! You can check out the SunButter site at sunbutter.com
Lots of information there including where to purchase and recipes like this one.


I kinda tweeked the recipe from the Sunbutter website a bit. Here's what I used and next time I will cut the amount of filling in half as I made twelve "Sun Cups" in large muffin liners and still have half of the filling left. I would have made more but I ran out of chocolate.

12 Large paper muffin liners
8 oz. Bakers semi-sweet chocolate
1 cup of sunbutter, well stirred
1 cup sifted icing sugar

Chop chocolate and melt in double boiler, shut off and leave over steam, this will keep it warm. Put a teaspoon of chocolate in the bottom of each paper liner spreading up sides a little.


Put in fridge to harden. About ten minutes. Meanwhile, mix SunButter and icing sugar.

I did this in my Kitchen Aid bowl with the paddle attatchment. Mixture will be stiff. Transfer to a microwave safe bowl and warm in microwave to soften.Put a teaspoon of this mixture on top of the chocolate and put back in the fridge for an hour to set up a bit.

Remove and spoon another teaspoon of chocolate over top of each. Remember, your chocolate should still be melted as it is over the warm water. Put back in the fridge to set another 5-10 minutes and enjoy!


It's a wonderful thing!

And it all came about because of this little sweetie!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, there ~
    So YOU'RE the wonderful baking grandma! I found your daughter's blog when she mentioned this delicious adaptation, and now I'm thrilled to have found your posts, as well. Can't wait to see what else you try with your "new best friend." If you're so inclined, we have an online recipe box full of SunButter creations here: http://bit.ly/9Pm79a
    Looking forward to following your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...