Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Fitzy Resolution Book Review

Before I get to my review, I would like to send out my heartfelt condolences to Marquie from Two Collies and a Mutt who lost her dear sweet dog Ella so suddenly the other day.  Ella had just celebrated her 6th birthday on July 26th.  She loved to dig and was always romping around with her furry siblings Lassie and Petal.  We were just so saddened to hear the news and if you haven't already, maybe you could go offer your condolences to Marquie and her family as I'm sure they are going through a pretty tough time right now.

On to business........


When I was a kid, I always wondered what it would be like if dogs could talk.  Actually, any animal.  Did they have their own secret society with their own secret language?

Well, Allen DeSena goes beyond that question and tells a story where dogs co-exist with their humans and actually have their own secret society complete with a government ruling over it in The Fitzy Resolution.

This my friends is a political drama set in the dog world with a cast of characters that won't dissapoint.  There's Senator Casey, a Yellow Lab; Sasha, a Husky; Chuckles, a Dachshund and Cooper a Golden Retriever; just to name a few.   There's also cats (Mittens comes to mind) bees, birds and yes, even squirrels!  Included in this drama, Senator Casey is heading up an investigation into the missing Yorkshire Terriers with the help of the Bulldog Police while the scoundrel Senator Jupiter (a Beagle) is trying to upset the balance of the Central Canine Government for his own political and personal gain, stepping on anyone who gets in his way! 

So who is Fitzy and what is the Fitzy Resolution?  I guess you'll just have to read the book to find out!

I do have to say I have never read a book like this before and picturing all the voices of these animals in my head as I read took me back to when I was a kid and the way I thought.  Mr. DeSena did a great job bringing the canine world to life.  He captured their personalities and voices perfectly. He even includes footnotes throughout to explain certain terms from the Central Canine Government.   

This book was exceptionally well written by the author and would be a fun read for anyone.  Especially anyone who loves animals, mysteries, politics, all three or heck, just a plain old good book to read!

A.D. DeSena is a Connecticut native living in Texas where he is a post-graduate in Pediatric Neurology.  He loves dogs and has two spoiled Labs of his own.

I encourage you to pick up a copy of The Fitzy Resolution, sit back and let Mr. DeSena and your own imagination take you away for awhile.  You won't regret it! :)

If interested you can purchase a copy here or here.

Disclaimer - I was not compensated in any way for this review.  I was given a copy of The Fitzy Resolution to read in return for an honest review.  All opinions expressed  are my own.

28 comments:

  1. Cool book! I always wondered about dogs talking too! I saw the news about Ella yesterday on the Collie's blog and sent my regards to Marquie <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my MOM has that book too. she has plans to start it on Wednesday (long story why on Wednesday). I have been telling her to start it a month ago. Your review convinced her it was time. Thnank you.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting. SHE's always looking for something to read.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a very unusual book, I am always intrigued by what animals might be thinking.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a cool read. Mom has a long list of books to read

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good read! Will have to keep an eye out for it in the library!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a good read. Have a good day.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy another good doggie book! So sorry to hear about your friend. That is always hearbreaking.
    Lovies, Miss Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a great book! I too used to always wonder when I was younger if animals could talk....and stuffed animals haha :P

    ReplyDelete
  10. We are finishing up this book as well. We were contacted by the Author to help with a book review. I am just not a very speedy reader. We are off to visit your friends and over some love. Have a great day! Sniffs, The HoundDogs

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard of this book but didn't really check it out as I have been busy lately. Will try to get it from our local bookstore when I go shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did the same thing as a kid, looks like a great fun book. Glad you're back too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the review. Sounds like a good read. And sorry to hear about your friend
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well you just directed me to a book I think my book club might like. We read light fun things in the summer. We meet the last Wednesday of the month. Actually our leader has written a childs book that is being published about her two dogs, she is also a radio personally in Cincinnati.
    Thanks for being a friend
    Sweet William The Scot

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've had it for a while now . . .I really need to READ it! Great review . .looks like you've inspired lots of people to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I read and reviewed this book also. I just HOPE that it is just the FIRST SECTION of MORE to come!!! I want to know exactly how things go from this point.

    ReplyDelete
  17. SO sad about Ella :(
    I always wondered if dogs and my toys talked as a kid. I remember asking for a video camera to see if they did one Christmas
    Nola's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so sorry to hear about poor Ella. In the prime of life.

    Is this book for young adults? Any and all age groups? It sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This book is definitely for young adults and up. :)

      Delete
  19. I keep thinking about Ella, so sad and sudden. I can only imagine how Marquie must be feeling. :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is so incredibly sad and horrible. I think what makes it worst was how young ella was, and how sudden it happened.

    anyway, as for the book, i always thought dogs communicated telepathically when i was younger. i thought that's how they would talk to each other. in their minds, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sorry to read about Ella.

    Sounds like an interesting book. I must check if there is a Kindle version. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. So sorry to hear about Ella.

    The book sounds very intriguing, I used to love to watch Mr Ed and always wanted to have a talking horse or any animal for my own :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I do like the idea of a Central Canine Government. I've been seeing lots of Basset Hounds around! Two at Go Dog Go (photo on my blog) and two yesterday at a Yappier Hour at a hotel that serves treats to dogs while the people have a drink and talk about--you guessed it--dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so sad to hear about Ella, thanks for letting us know, I'll be sure and visit her today.

    Sounds like a very interesting book!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for telling people about Ella. It's so very sad. :(

    ReplyDelete
  26. We read and reviewed this book, too and highly recommend it as a very fun read. And it really IS different! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...