Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday Mischief - Not Here!

There wasn't a whole lot of mischief around our house on the weekend.  We had a very late night Friday night as our date night consisted of driving down to Detroit to watch the Detroit Lions first pre-season game against the Cleveland Browns.  It's the first pre-season I have  been to with Steve. My daughter and her kids came over to hound sit Fred and Gloria.



Gloria loved all the attention. But as usual the kids hid from Freddie.


"Eeek!  Look out Emma!  It's a big bad, vicious basset hound! "

Fred tried to act like he was just bored by the whole ordeal.


"Yawn"
"Yeah, yeah.  Whatever...I didn't want to play with you anyways!"

I love the whole atmosphere when we go, but this was a late game and it didn't start until 7:30 p.m. so it wasn't over until 10:45 p.m.  Which means that we didn't even get home until just about 2:00 a.m.  By the time we got the dogs outside for a bit, then got them all settled around again and  got something to eat it was well after 3:00 a.m. before we got to bed.  This was the first and only late football game I will go to.   It was just too long of a day for me. The bad news....the Lions lost to the Browns 19-17.  The good news.........


......I got to wear my new Nate Burleson jersey!

Saturday we had to have Fred and Gloria to our vets by 9:00 a.m. for their yearly shots so we were all pretty tired. Their check-ups went fine and  I love the new rabies tag they got.  They have started a new program in Canada where on the back of your rabies tag is a website called getmehome.ca.  You go and register your pet on-line with their tag number and micro- chip number, if the they have it.  You put in all your contact information and if your pet is lost they just check the number on the tag to find their owners.  I love this.  The more ways to help get a lost pet home the better!


I  love that this is a free service provided with your rabies tag.

Sunday we attended my our nieces engagement party and luckily the rain held off and the weather and the party turned out beautifully.  Congratulations again Ami and Adam!

Today I am behind and just trying to catch up as it was such a busy weekend.  My daughter came over to help me get Fred in the tub as he has been itching and chewing like crazy.  I think he got into something last week as he's been itching ever since we caught him in the flower bed.   Gloria just hung around the bathroom howling the whole time we bathed Fred.  After Fred's bath they both conked out.


Awwwwe!  doesn't Freddie look nice and shiny after his bath.  He smells nice too!  So I guess the only mischief here is me getting my mischief post up so late!

Happy Monday everyone!
Snoopy's Dog Blog

35 comments:

  1. Nice jersey!!! 3am by the time you all settled in! Wow, that's about the time Finn starts to stir in the morning! BOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the jersey!! Great choice with Burleson hehe ;) The kids sure do LOVE going to your house and spending time there. And Emma has a huge soft spot for Gloria...so cute :) Glad you enjoyed the game, but I agree, that would be WAY too late for me hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always feels like summer's over when the football games start up:(

    My human brother had to be to college early for football camp already and that always is hard on Mom.

    Sorry about the itchies for Fred (thus the dreaded bath) and the boredom. Gloria looks to be loving all the attention:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool jersey! And what an awesome service with the rabies tag! The ones here just state that they dog's been vaccinated and they only come in one size
    Nola

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pictures of Fred and Gloria! They are adorable! I love the getmehome program too and think it is great that there's yet another way to help owners find lost dogs but let's just hope that your dogs don't ever get lost!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where are your jerseys Fred and Gloria?
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool jersey. To bad they lost. But hey it's preseason. That's what my MOM says when her team loses in the preseason. But let them win and it's a whole other story. Was Gloria laughing at Fred in the tub?
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the big yawn! I haven't really thought about football yet...time to start looking at my fantasy football team!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Fred, Hey Gloria, Jet here. Hi Miss Janet.

    Oh gosh, no! You are absolved (vocab builder) of Mischief... with such a busy weekend, who could keep up.

    Sorry about your Lions, our Dolphins have a less than stellar season ahead according to the commentators... (Mom's more of a hoops fan.)

    Your grandchildren are super cute, I would love to cuddle with them... I LOVE children. :) Poor Fred, too much energy, huh? Hope he feels more comfy post bath.

    Now that I think of it... the LIONS deserve the Mischief Award for making the game sooo late!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hah, vicious Freddie is just OUT of CONTROL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, you got to bed at 3 AM then had to be at the VET by 9!!!!!! I think I would have slept the rest of the weekend!
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Eek! That is WAYYY past my bedtime! I always had a hard time with the late games when we lived on the East Coast! Love how comfy Fred looks in that last shot :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Freddie,

    Your Mom was THAT busy and she still managed to fit in enough time to bath you? How unlucky is that?

    Glad to see you were keeping the little ones under control, they can be wild if you don't keep them in check!! Tee Hee

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look very stylish in your Jersey I must say! Aww poor Fred, is he too excitable for the young ones? Bet he feels much better after his bath.
    That is such a good idea with the tag, hope they start doing it over here.
    Lynne x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh that was a fun packed weekend. Poor Freddie itches and then bath .....gross. Anyway we hope he is A OK now. Have a terrific Tuesday.
    Best wishes Molly

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm sure Fred will roll in something delicious very soon....hehe! deccy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Fred - how could anyone be scared of you? Maybe you're just too big for little peeps. We love that sleek after bath photo - beautiful :-) woofs and licks from Magic xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a nice service to include with a rabies tag! I have my guys microchipped but that doesn't help the neighbors much when it comes to returning a loose dog.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh dear, your mom is a supermom, Fred. It seems even though she had been so busy, she never forget to give you a bath!
    Hope all those itches and scratches are gone by now and you feel good and fresh from the dreadful BATH. The kids are so cute and I'm sure they just tried to tease you as you're handsome and playful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. We have that same blanket in english bulldog print!

    urban hounds

    ReplyDelete
  21. Whoa....I's getting tired just reading about your weekend. Fred looks so relaxed. Hope the bath helped the itchies! Great idea on the rabies tag ID. Ours just has a serial number and only the County where it was given has the information about the owner. So we all have to wear two tags. The rabies tag and another tag with our name and phone number. Bummer! I tinkle when I walk around.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ha-ha! Oh boy, I didn't realize you were a Lions fan, this could be a problem since I am from Cleveland. I am so sorry that Browns kicked the Lions butt on your date night! That must of been horrible for you to witness:))

    ReplyDelete
  23. Aww, poor Freddie. Come on over our way, pal, we'll play with you. ;)

    Love the jersey, but yikes! that made for a long night. What a weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Y'all,

    Thanks so much for stoppin' by for a visit. I'm so glad y'all could make it!

    Y'all come back now,
    Hawk aka BrownDog

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fred and Gloria are going to need a loooonnnnggg sleep after all that interruption to routine! Sleep tight, guys.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  26. so sorry I was unable to go to the game. I was sooo bummed! Actually I was sad that the Lions lost (and I am formerly from CLEVELAND! lol)...I normally love my Browns but I was pulling for the Lions!

    Hoping to see you at the game on Sept 9!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Nice jersey!! I love the photos of the kids with the dogs, just so sweet!

    What a great idea with the rabies tags I sure hope Michigan catches on to that :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hope Fred's itchies are gone. I've had them all summer, too. The vet gave us some stinky medicated shampoo to help. Yuck!

    Your pal, Pip

    ReplyDelete
  29. Maybe Fred is allergic to flowers? ^^ Gloria looks like an Angel. She's definitely a good example for Fred. Although Fred has too much personality, I guess that's a plus too.

    Huggies and Cheese,

    Haopee

    ReplyDelete
  30. Nice jersey, "LUCKY 13". Summer is flying by. I need to catch up with my blog. Enjoy the football season.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I have University of Michigan football tickets and I won't go to night games either. The idea of getting home in the wee hours no longer appeals to me...lol. But aren't you a glutton for punishment making that early vet appointment...lol. I think the new program with the rabies tag is a great one. Really good idea. Hounds and kids seem to go together. Beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  32. You've been a busy, busy girl! Hope Fred's itchies go away soon.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Janet, you're WAY too young looking to have grandkids!! What's your secret?!

    Glad you had such a great date night, even though it was late (remember the days when coming in at 2:00 AM was just the end of another Friday or Saturday night?!).

    I hope Freddie feels better now after his bath, itchies are no fun! What a sweet photo of Gloria getting a kiss from your granddaughter! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...