Pages

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Rain, Rain and More Rain!

It rained here most of the day yesterday.  I'm trying not to "muddy" (hee,hee) my thinking on rain and focus on the positive things it brings.  It cleans up the streets, makes flowers and mud grass grow and it brings nesting birds.  I got a few close ups of the cardinal that keeps coming and sitting in our dogwood.  I think he's keeping a look out for the female.



Our trees haven't started to bud or get beautiful flowers yet like our buddy Hawk's. His "Spring Sprung" a couple of weeks ago!


But this guy hanging around all the time now tells me he's starting to check out the area for the little woman's nest.


He kind of looks like he's staring me down here.

The hounds pretty much slept all day.  I think they were wore out from all the company we had over the weekend.  So after spending the morning catching up on everybody's blogs, (I still can't believe I didn't even know our buddy Remington was sick!) I decided to make soup.  It just seemed fitting for a rainy cool day (didn't get anywhere near as warm as the weather lady said it would! Duh!)


This lasagna soup turned out great!  With some nice warm crusty bread and butter, yes butter, it hit the spot. You can get the recipe here.

As you can see Fred was once again not impressed that the blog post wasn't all about him!


                                                                         "Pffft!"


Once again don't forget to check out my daughters blog, Yee Wittle Things and enter her "My Memories Suite Software" giveaway!

Then for everyone who's always trying to find the right apps for their iPad, iPhone or Android don't forget to check out appSmitten. They sift through all the millions of apps out there for you.  Then they send the right ones for you to your inbox. The best part is their newsletter is free and if you sign up here I receive a small commision. :) Then maybe.....just maybe Freddie can get his fence fixed. BOL!


No pressure. hee!hee!

36 comments:

  1. that soup makes me feel hungry !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rainy days can be good for you

    and that soup does look tasty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot of the soup.... I can smell it.

    pawhugs, Max

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmmmm dat soup looks Oh so deeeelish!

    Nows, bout these birds....I don't likes 'em cuz they keeps poopin' on me when I be outside. But yours are very purties...from afar....hehehe.

    Puddles

    ReplyDelete
  5. That soup looks very tasty and such pretty birds - hope they nest near and you can see the babies :-) woofs and licks from Magic xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fred was probably hoping some of that yummy looking soup was for him! Great cardinal photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super pics! Gotta go see your daughter now.
    Lovies, Miss Mindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. The soup looks yummy! It was rainy here yesterday too. I don't like that because I don't like to get my feet dirty. Love your daughter's blog! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The lasagna soup looks so yummy and it was perfect for a rainy day. I love comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They say a picture is worth a thousand words and that picture of Fred proves it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The soup looks yummy. We had a rainy day too yesterday, but it was warmer here. I did have to find a different rain coat because the one I intended to wear to work got soaked through taking the dogs out before I even left for work...lol. Fred looks the way I felt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's been astonishingly warm here. We were at 84 degrees yesterday and will come close to that today. March is Missouri is not supposed to be tropical!

    Pat
    Critter Alley

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, those are awesome pictures of the cardinal! And that soup looks sooo yummy! Fred...well, Fred looks just as dramatic as usual lol ;) Can you believe all that rain last night???!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ....now I'm craving soup.... :)

    Daisy gets very sleepy and snoozy on rainy days. Today it's supposed to rain all day, and she's already (at 8 AM) got that sleepy-dog look on. She woke up this morning, stretched, took her time going inside and eating, and then just curled up again without her usual morning playtime. That's typical for her on rainy days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have never heard of lasagna soup before... it looks delightful.

    MUD MUD M U D. I LOVE mud. It makes excavation so much EASIER. I do NOT understand WHY the moms don't appreciate it like WE do.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! That's a beautiful bird. And I'm especially pleased that it's sitting in your DOGwood tree! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That soup looks great. I want MOM to make it. She said, "It had pasta in it and you know I need to really limit that." Big deal I said, I will take care of the pasta part for you. So guess what... she is going to make it and I get the pasta part and lick the bowl clean part. I love it when a plan comes together. The last few days here have been real spring like. But I hear that maybe snow will return this weekend.
    Blessings,
    Goose

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the cardinal pictures. There is something special about seeing them come back in the spring. I just crocheted one for a swap partner all the while thinking how much I was anticipating the return of the real ones.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooh, I can't wait for spring, either!

    ReplyDelete
  20. That soup looks really good, and is making me want some.

    ReplyDelete
  21. That lasagna soup looks delicious! The photos of the cardinal are beautiful, I just love this time of year. Looks like Fred doesn't miss the snow at all.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! And your soup looks yummy
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE watching the birdies! We have cardinals too, and this really noisy woodpecker! :)

    That soup looks yummy! :)

    Woofs & hugs, <3

    ~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your soup looks delicious! I'm going to have to try your recipe :) Going to go check out your daughter's blog! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The soup looks delicious and makes us ever so hungry!! Your rainy days sounds like a good day to read!

    Nina, Myshka, Sasha, Betsy, Lucy, Phoebe and Lily

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very cute picture of the Cardinal. HMMM SOUP!!!! We love soup!!! Hope you are having a great Tuesday. We cannot wait to see the Wordless Wednesday pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful shot of the cardinal! oh, and that lasagna soup looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your soup has made me hungry!! Great shots of the cardinal, they are so difficult to shoot. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh yum, lasagna soup looks soooo good! I'm going to check out the recipe - thanks for sharing it! I love Freddie in the chair, so cute & cozy! Nice bird shots!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Beautiful cardinal! It gives me hope!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Soup is my fav food, and that looked so comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I can wait to try lasagna soup. Spring is just around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  33. For a blog post that wasn't about him, Freddie sure got mentioned alot!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I remember seeing cardinals during a trip to Texas.... They are beautiful birds!! ;-D
    Your soup looks yummy!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  35. I am impressed of the close up photo's of the Cardinal and the joy of Spring and bird song.

    lol, Freddie, the photo says it all.

    Your soup looks delicious and I found myself drooling over the image.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...