Pages

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Book Review - The Diary Of A Mad Fat Girl



I just finished reading The Diary Of A Mad Fat Girl by Stephanie McAfee and I absolutely loved this one!  It is set in a little town called Bugtussle in Mississippi so it's got a lot of southern flare and sass.  The star of the book is Ace Jones who along with two of her friends are high school teachers in this little town where the gossip runs high and the nosiness runs deep.  Ace is funny, loud and crass but inside has her own insecurities.  She shares the house she was raised in by her Grannie with her dog Buster Loo who is hilarious!
It follows Ace and her friend Lily on their sleuthing adventure to save their friend Chloe from an abusive marriage.  In the middle of it all Ace has to come to terms with her feelings for Mason and their on again, off again relationship they've had since she was 11 years old!
And of course there's still  Buster Loo needing Ace's attention.  Us dog owners know that no matter what is going on in your life, you still have to walk your dog, take them for potty breaks and give them some loving too!
I found McAfee's style of writing fresh and clean. This book definitely makes you laugh and even makes you mad at times.  To me that is a good writer. I really did enjoy this book a lot and had a hard time putting it down.
This is a paid review for BlogHer Book Club but the the opinions expressed are purely my own.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds hilarious! I'll have to check it out
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love book reviews. I'm almost finished listening to The Weird Sisters (Audio Books).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book has got to be good with a dog as one of the main characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun reading book. I will definitely check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome review! And this book sounds very intriguing. You're right, you know someone is a good writer when they can make you express emotions of anger, sadness or happiness :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a good book. If I only had time to read...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review. I'm definitely going to read this.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...