Christmas Eve we had one of our family gatherings. I spent all morning preparing the food. Fred and Gloria were right in there helping. We all had a big night ahead of us.
Don't you just love my candy cane striped lounge pants!
Once the food was done and the house was cleaned I tried to shine up the hounds a bit. They had a busy meet and greet coming up and I wanted them to look their best.
After their big night of entertaining they both tried to curl on my lap.
Which was good because Santa would soon be coming. By the look of them, you'd think they got into to the ole punch bowl!
Santa didn't disappoint and brought them some squeaky toys and chew bones.
Gloria even attempted to play with her toy (this is a rare event). She was doing good until it squeaked. Then she ran and hid by me.
Fred was still too tired to even stand, so he just laid on the floor and chewed on his toys. I think he kept squeaking his on purpose just to scare poor Gloria!
Awwwe.......look how enthusiastic he is!
So now that the hounds had new toys and more messy chew bones everything was good. Especially since my daughter and her husband got us this bad baby for Christmas!
This will make life so much easier when it comes to cleaning up after two messy basset hounds! Not that I look forward to a mess, but I can't wait to try it out. Today we have our kids and grandkids for boxing day dinner as we just do presents and brunch on Christmas. So throw two hounds into the mix and I'm sure there will be a mess by the end of the day. Then I will get to try our new Bissell Little Green!
I'm just sitting here this morning having my coffee wishing for snow. I usually don't worry too much about getting snow as I always think it is my Christmas present from my Mom every year. You see, she passed away just before Christmas 12 years ago yesterday. My Dad followed 2 years ago on the 20th. I used to phone her no matter what time of day when we got our first snow fall because I love snow so much and she would always laugh and say "Yes, Janet I see the snow." Every year since she has passed we have had snow even if it is green until Christmas Eve, it suddenly will snow. I always tell my kids, "See, I told you Grandma would send snow!" So in keeping with the snow theme I thought I'd share some pictures and just maybe, just maybe..... give Mom a little nudge.
These pictures were taken at the beginning of May this year.
This next one.......
.... is Gloria before we got her with Fred's Mom Lola at Autumn Blaze Bassets last winter.
This is our 12th Man Christmas Tree in the rec room.
We have both Seattle Seahawks ornaments and Detroit Lions ornaments.
We have the old Seahawks colours.
The new Lions logo.
Every year we get a different ornament to add to the tree.
This icicle actually lights up with different colours when you turn it on.
And I didn't make these Seahawks pictures blurry on purpose, Steve!
I just don't know what mode to use on my camera to take pictures of the ornaments without the flash showing up in them!
And this is our big reward for being season ticket holders this year!
Woohoo! We got a card! Okay, in all fairness there was an ornament in with it too. You can see it in the first picture of the ornaments. We used to get a $100.00 gift card to spend at the Pro Shop. But I know, times are tough for the NFL. (sniff!sniff!)
The sad part is I was still so excited to get the card yesterday. At least it showed they didn't completely forget about us!
So, that's a peek at our 12th man Christmas tree and now.......
That's right, a picture of Fred!!
And now to answer the burning question.....if Steve has been a Seahawks fan for over 25 years, why do we have season tickets to the Lions! It's because Seattle is a 5 1/2 hour flight away and Detroit is a 2 1/2 hour drive not to mention the cost! Steve flew to Seattle once for a game at Quest Field. ( An anniversary present from me about 8 years ago). That was his one time dream. So now we just drive to Detroit, at least it's live football!
Okay, there's no chicken dinner. I just love it when Guy Fieri says that on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. But I am making a whack of cabbage rolls today for the dinner my husband puts on for his guys at work.
Enough about food, I am here to announce how humbled we are to have received another Kreativ Blogger Award. This one we have received from Christine over at Brando and Bogart. She has a wonderful blog about her cute Cavaliers Brando, Bogart and Ziggy and the mischief they get into.
Again, the first part requires me to tell you ten things about the hounds you may not know and the second part is to pass it on to six other blogs.
So here are my ten things about Fred and Gloria.
1. Fred is on the verge of coming out of his puppy stage. He tries really hard to sit and wait for people to pet him when they come in. He sits and wiggles until he can't take it any more and then his puppy brain takes over again and he pounces! Dang!
2. Gloria will not eat her food until Fred eats his. She sits and waits until he is completely done his, then she goes to her bowl and eats.
3. When it comes to rawhide or bones; Gloria waits for no one. She thinks they're all hers and lets Fred know it.
4. Lately, Fred likes to get up in the middle of the night and go into his crate and curl up with his bed buddy. I think it's because four is getting to be a crowd in our bed.
5. Freds bed buddy, Ole Blue, is the toy that we had waiting for him when we first brought him home from Autumn Blaze Bassets and it is the only toy he has not ripped apart. He gets him out and plays with him the odd time, but there isn't one mark on it, other than drool!
Ole Blue and Sir Hawthorne
6. Fred and Gloria both enjoy tummy rubs. They lay side by side on there back to get a good tummy rub.
7. I know she's a girl, but I have to say it. Gloria snores and farts all night long! Sorry sweetie the truth hurts!
8. Fred whines everyday when he hears the kids outside at recess at a school near our home. He wants to play too.
9. Fred will constantly jump and claw at our front window if he sees anything outside be it a squirrel, cat, people, dogs or a piece of paper blowing in the wind.
10. If Fred gets in the big comfy chair first, Gloria will run to the front door and bark until Fred gets down to see whats going on and then zoom! she jumps in the chair and Fred just stands there feeling stupid. Silly boy.
The six blogs I have chosen to pass this award to are
How Sam Sees It A blog about two golden retrievers, their adventures and the trouble they get into.
From Sophies View About a gorgeous Labradoodle named Sophie and her adventures in her beautiful surroundings in Nova Scotia.
Ocean Breezes is a lovely blog that takes you away from everyday life to a calming, quiet place of beautiful pictures and reminisces of days gone by where you can relax for awhile.
Bailey Be Good The in and outs of a one year old Belgian Shepard mix and her big sister Nala. Always an interesting read.
Yorkie Tails Scrappy is a little Yorkie living in Montana with her family. Enjoying life and adventures on her......I mean their farm!
(Sorry Scrappy! I fixed your information after mixing it up with another. Sometimes doing posts late at night is not such a good thing!)